Our purpose is to help people connect with God through God's creation.
We make videos and a podcast to show people how integrating science and Christian faith can inspire a fuller knowledge of God.
Online media is full of excellent (and some not so excellent) educational content. In the past ten years YouTube has transitioned from a source of mindless entertainment to a critical resource for educators across the spectrum of topics. As a biology professor at a private Christian university, Dale Gentry noticed that his students turn to YouTube first in their search for answers on topics from the meaning of life to tutorials on science and technology. He also appreciated, and regularly used, the myriad resources available on Christianity and scripture and on science and technology but noticed a big hole in between, there is very little good content integrating science with Christian faith. He was inspired to create videos that would teach science through the lens of Christianity, that would show that science need not distract us from our journey of faith, and that there is deep resonance between what we can know of God through scripture and our understanding of God through nature. He recruited help from a few friends, colleagues and former students and created Disciple Science to make videos that show how integrating science and Christian faith can inspire a fuller knowledge of God.
What we believe
- We believe that the Bible is inspired and infallible.
- We believe that God is revealed in scripture and in creation.
- We believe Jesus is God, that he was born of the virgin Mary and that he was resurrected after death on a cross.
- We believe that science and Christian faith do not conflict.
- We believe that God works through miracles and through the understandable processes of the universe.
- We believe that science is not necessary to know God or understand scripture but that a clearer understanding of the world through science will reveal aspects of God and scripture that might not otherwise be fully understood.
- We believe that God wants to work through each of us take care of each other and the rest of God's creation as an expression of love.